Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mail from the KBC

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 22:54:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Mail from the KBC

In article <2fqmjg$29l@chnews.intel.com> you write:

>In article <9312271650.tn16304@aol.com>, silo@aol.com writes:
>> AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu writes:
>> [...]
>>  Too bad the KBC couldn't accept VISA and we
>> could just let them convert the fees for us without the "service charge".
>>
>> --Mike Knight
>
>_This_ is what's really needed to make it _easy_ and _inexpensive_ for
>overseas fans to purchase from the KBC.
>
>If the KBC would accept Visa & MasterCard, overseas fans could just mail (not
>email--not secure enough unless encrypted) them their card number, KBC would
>bill it in English pounds, and the credit card bill would arrive with the
>charge converted to local currency.  _Easy_

   It would be really nice if the KBC could hire one of those firms that
handle mass mailings to do the distribution of the KBC newsletter in
North America. Send the mags in bulk to each country, and handle the
mailings locally. I would probably save a lot of money. Either that or
deep-six the KBC, and give the money, photos and color press time to
Homeground. The fine folks at Homeground have been handling all the
actual work of a fan club for quite some time, and deserve the official
title.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)