Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mail from the KBC

From: agough@sedona.intel.com (Andy Gough)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 20:31:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Mail from the KBC

In article <9312271650.tn16304@aol.com>, silo@aol.com writes:
> AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu writes:
> [...]
>  Too bad the KBC couldn't accept VISA and we
> could just let them convert the fees for us without the "service charge".
>
> --Mike Knight

_This_ is what's really needed to make it _easy_ and _inexpensive_ for
overseas fans to purchase from the KBC.

If the KBC would accept Visa & MasterCard, overseas fans could just mail (not
email--not secure enough unless encrypted) them their card number, KBC would
bill it in English pounds, and the credit card bill would arrive with the
charge converted to local currency.  _Easy_

Regards,
Andy

P.S.  What exchange rate would the currency be converted?  What date would
      this exchange rate be determined?  See your cardmember agreement for
      details.  Depending on the credit card, you often get a better
      exchange rate through the credit card than you could get as an
      individual.  This is because the credit card companies can transact
      on the spot & futures currency markets.
--
Disclaimer:
     All views expressed are my own opinions, and not necessarily