Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Moments of Pleasure" single cover

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 16:59:02 -0500
Subject: "Moments of Pleasure" single cover

In article <2fq7rk$7n7@pandora.sdsu.edu> dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu
(Derek Langsford) writes:

>   Meredith, you are not alone.  I mentioned this in a post several
>   weeks ago because it was terribly poignant, my wife and I just
>   having scattered the ashes of our baby boy who died on 13th Nov.
>   I am not sure what this image has to do with the sentiment of the
>   song.  It is rather contrary to what I feel when I hear the song.
>   Is Kate just being bizarre?

It is the practice of some to celebrate upon the death of a loved one,
rather than to mourn.  I.e. to celebrate the accomplishments, lasting
affects, and memories that that loved one will leave behind.  I think
that Kate is getting at this in both the song and the cover picture,
which both combine imagery of anguish and happiness.

   <nessus@mit.edu>