Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mail from the KBC

From: silo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 16:50:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Mail from the KBC
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "silo" <silo@aol.com>

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu writes:

>1. How does someone overseas send payment for the new KBC mag?
>2. How do we find out what the price of the issue is for those overses?

>Help, please?  Surely an overseas KBC fan out there knows.  How did
>*you* pay for things before?  Perhaps these are stupid questions to
>you but I have no answers.

When I subscribed (along time ago) I went to a commercial bank
and asked for a bank-draft in pounds sterling.  It cost about as much
as the draft was for; I ended up paying about twice what the KBC
actually got for my subscription.  With the conversion rate of US dollars
to pounds the check was for around $30, and it was another $30 for the
banks processing fee.  Too bad the KBC couldn't accept VISA and we
could just let them convert the fees for us without the "service charge".

In other news, one of our coolest radio stations (WCLZ) has been playing
Tori's "Little Drummer Boy" in heavy rotation.  I've heard it 3 or 4 times
in as many days.  Saturday night they announced they'd be playing TRS
cover-to-cover Sunday night, but I forgot to try and listen.

--Mike Knight