Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 03:38:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Lily
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU

chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

> >I'm interested, especially if there's a fairly succinct way to explain. i.e.
> >not turn it into a huge thread on here.
> things. Please take it to e-mail, until you can find some specific
> Kate content, beyond the fact that it was mentioned in the song.
>
>    I'd like to see some specific analysis of the structure of the song,
> the relationship of the the parts of the ritual to the angels mentioned

Let me just add to my own post that I too do not really want a big
thread about the ritual alone, unless the items are important for
the discussion of Kate.  My hope was to get to the ritual itself
to then talk about Kate.  Those who want to pursue non-Kate
tangents can do so elsewhere (which might include me for all I know).
I think a post describing the ritual is definitely relevant though.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?