Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 22:21 CST
Subject: Re: Lily
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>>Well I am.  I don't know who Alistair Crowley is, much less the
>>details of the ritual.  If someone else is also interested then let us
>>know since there's little point in continuing if I'm the only one.
>
>I'm interested, especially if there's a fairly succinct way to explain.  i.e.
>not turn it into a huge thread on here.  I think when most people hear (myself
>included) about a pentagram ritual, they immediately think "devil
>worshipping". It would be nice to hear to the contrary although I guess
>there's nothing wrong with worshipping whatever gets your fancy.

   Actually, some of us, whenever the words "Alistair Crowley" or
or "pentagram ritual" are mentioned, think; "What are these people
babbling on about." Let's just say that Kate believes in some silly
things. Please take it to e-mail, until you can find some specific
Kate content, beyond the fact that it was mentioned in the song.

   I'd like to see some specific analysis of the structure of the song,
the relationship of the the parts of the ritual to the angels mentioned
or anything at all, more than simply discussing the *fact* that the
ritual is in the song.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)