Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily

From: Richard Caley <rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 22:16:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Lily
To: We Let The Weirdness In <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:

ag> Could someone provide a description of the ritual for those of us who
ag> don't know exactly what it entails?  Why is it called "lesser" anyway?
ag> What is it's origin?

I don't know the origin, but Alistair Crowley certainly describes it.
Unfortunatly it's impossible to tell what he found somewhere and what
he made up since he never cites sources (though he does give pointers
to things to read) and my knowledge of such things is sparse.

If I remember right, the lesser pentagram ritual consists of drawing a
pentagram while doing various motions and saying the right things,
amongst which is the calling on the archangels by name while forming a
cross in the air. If anyone is really interested in more details I'll
type it in.

The greater pentagram ritual has multiple pentagrams being drawn, each
with an elemental association.

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk	I like the idea of protection by
				calling on the Ninja Turtles...