Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily

From: jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU (James Alexander Chokey)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 93 20:12:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Lily
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@leland.Stanford.EDU (Mr News)

In article <m0p2YCp-000il5C@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>   Actually, some of us, whenever the words "Alistair Crowley" or
>or "pentagram ritual" are mentioned, think; "What are these people
>babbling on about." Let's just say that Kate believes in some silly
>things. Please take it to e-mail, until you can find some specific
>Kate content, beyond the fact that it was mentioned in the song.

	Like what?  Information that Kate has ever performed such a
ritual?  Lighten up--  "Lily" is a song by Kate that contains references
to things that are not immediately apparent.  Attempts to illuminate
those references are perfectly appropriate here.  Please don't try and
play netcop.

>   I'd like to see some specific analysis of the structure of the song,
>the relationship of the the parts of the ritual to the angels mentioned
>or anything at all, more than simply discussing the *fact* that the
>ritual is in the song.

	Then post something to that effect.  Nobody is preventing you from
posting any sort of analysis of "Lily" that you'd care to.  In turn, please
don't try to prevent other folks from talking about what in the song interests
*them*.

	--  Jim C. <jchokey@leland.stanford.edu>