Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 13:06:00 PST
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: Reminisce
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 21:05:18 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin).  I didn't say:
>Now, what *I* think is interesting is that I've yet to hear of anyone
>becoming a Katefan through what most of us consider to be here best
>album - The Dreaming.

my first kate exposure was seeing the video for "suspended in gaffa" on mtv
back in 1982.  i didn't like it.

later, i heard "running up that hill" on the radio and thought it was cool.
then i saw a bunch o' videos on V66 (anybody from boston remember that?),
one of which was "the big sky."  i had to go buy hounds of love
immediately.  i didn't like it.  except for RutH and TBS.

then i started reading love-hounds (received at my university's computer as
"never for ever"!!) and i wondered what all these people were talking about,
re the 9th wave.  it never made any sense to me (although i liked playing
waking the witch on my radio show to freak out the audience).  so i went
back and started investigating and the rest is history.

here endeth the lesson.

--
Jon Drukman (God's personal DJ)                 uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.