Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reminisce

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 16:17:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Reminisce
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@sti.com

In article <BxM0D7.H62@acsu.buffalo.edu> v115p8d6@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (she listens like her head's on fire..) writes:
>In article <9211121255.AA12504@perseus.cs.utwente.nl>, kortink@cs.utwente.nl (John Kortink) writes...
>>
>>Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca writes:
>>
>>> Gosh (!) it's been quiet lately!  Why don't we all reminisce?  What was the
>>> first KaTe song everybody heard and how/where did they hear it?
>>
>>Nice question. Reminisce of this stuff is always nice.
>>
>>It seems a lot of you folks are 'laters'. I picked up on her music when
>>TKI came out, and my brother (I wasn't buying records yet) continued to
>>follow her record releases. Wuthering Heights must have been my very
>>first 'contact'.
>
>'Laters'?! In 1978 I was still playing with legos!

Hey! I *STILL* play with lego!

>I didn't start listening to her until later, in secondary school, when we
>moved to a place that played a greater variety of music on the radio...
>and alot of British music. I got Hounds of Love when it was first released.
>

>this is in defence of all those who were too young to appreciate KB when
>she started out.:-)

Hey, no need to defend yourself - 'tis better to see the Light of All
that is Kateness late than never! (Am I sounding like IED yet?)

I've noticed most Non-American fans picked up on her right from the
start (ie, TKI).  However, while many American Katefans discovered her
then (I sheepishly raise my hand here), most discovered here through
The Hounds of Love-era stuff.

Now, what *I* think is interesting is that I've yet to hear of anyone
becoming a Katefan through what most of us consider to be here best
album - The Dreaming.

- Stev0 the ancient

"Me? I got turned on to Kate after hearing 'Fullhouse' "
	     - No one in the world, ever

       Steve Berlin               .   K +  * .o   o.* `.`O +.   |that some-
       stev0@sti.com             '   *  . ' ' |\^/|  `. * .  *  |thing good
 Thank you, America, for      (: May All Your  \V/  Good Dreams |is gonna
voting for Clinton! We WON!   and Fine Wishes  /_\  Come True:) |happen!" -
.sig (c) 1992 by Mike Jittlov [for all the protection that affords]
.sig re-mixed by Stev0 (c) 1992 - Election Victory Mix.