Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reminisce

From: kortink@cs.utwente.nl (John Kortink)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 13:55:04 +0100
Subject: Reminisce
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca writes:

> Gosh (!) it's been quiet lately!  Why don't we all reminisce?  What was the
> first KaTe song everybody heard and how/where did they hear it?

Nice question. Reminisce of this stuff is always nice.

It seems a lot of you folks are 'laters'. I picked up on her music when
TKI came out, and my brother (I wasn't buying records yet) continued to
follow her record releases. Wuthering Heights must have been my very
first 'contact'.

I never actually bought 'vinyl' though, all this stuff that came out was
on tape (via my brother's copies), and I could not afford records anyway
at that time, but when I got into CD's around 8 years ago, some time after
I started my first buy was the (then brandnew) HOL. Quite quickly after that
I gradually bought all the regular 'older' albums (couldn't afford to buy 'm
all at once, sadly).

I still have definite, positive *chills* when listening to any of her albums,
and, although it varies, I particularly trip on Never for Ever, Lionheart and
The Dreaming. I always listen to them in the evenings, with my headphones on
(which some people regard as a quirk, I think it increases involvement, and
it's a brilliant headphone anyway ;').

In all my life, having been exposed to a *lot* of music (and my collection
of CD's numbers 200 now), I've only ever had a handful of artists on my list
(maybe 4 or 5) that *never* failed to give me a thrill, even if I listened
to their work for years and years and years. She's one of them, definately !

It's so sad there's too much to collect ... ;-)

Can anybody tell me how the Lioness at Heart and Never for Ever boxed sets
are ? Is the CD different ? How are the photographs ? (Why are they so
expensive ? ... Wait, don't answer that :-().

John Kortink

Student of Informatics at the University of Twente, The Netherlands
(God, will I ever stop doing things 'on the side' and get it done?)
NETMAIL : kortink@cs.utwente.nl              DISCLAIMER : the usual