Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Still more on the gay/straight issue

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 92 13:57:43 PST
Subject: Still more on the gay/straight issue
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

With regard to Jeffrey C. Burka's post:  who said anything about causation?
Oh, I see.  You mean being gay leads one to like Kate rather than the other
way around.  That kind of causation.  Okay.  Maybe.  I agree with Eric Walker's
post (sorry, I don't know how to copy the exact passages to refer to.  Can
anyone tell me?) that we are drawn to acceptance and accepting people and
are therefore drawn to Kate.  And I suppose if it is going to be discussed
then here is the place.  But why?  What new revelations can we possibly
come up with?  As for the food issue, obviously that was an example of how
absurd I felt it was.  Besides I'm a very picky eater! :-)  You're right
though, about Kate's looks not having anything to do with this issue, that
was my point.  I was once again unsuccesfully referring to someone else's
post.  They had said, I believe, that they knew several straight men who
liked Kate merely (or initially) for her looks.

Oh, and I HATE KitKat bars. :-)

Andrea.