Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ticket off

From: Jackie Zucconi <lionhart@netlink.cts.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 18:11:26 PST
Subject: Re: Ticket off
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

When the true victim of this crime showed up (that means the rightful
card holder) I was given a look at the billing statement. This woman went
joyriding with the card to different music stores, clothing stores (and I
mean expensive clothing too) and auto body shops to get fancy extras for
her car (the owner had already been to that shop so knew what she
purchased there), having knowledge of this I doubt seriously that she was
a poor victim of any system or just wanted to get gifts for a poor Kate
fan. Call me a stoic but I don't think one's plight in life gives an
excuse to victimize another whether it's the card holder, a store or
Kate. If something's wrong then fix i, don't add to it which is what
theft does. I also think you idealize Kate a bit too much. I could care
less if she stole candy as a child but I have my reservations she would
condone such behavior in adults, and on a much more pricey scale ---
remember Kate herself has been a victim of burglarly. Have you ever been
robbed in any manner? If you have try to recall that feeling of emptiness
and hopelessness, not because you no longer have a material possession
but because a violation had been committed against you. I know the risks
of being in business, they're just like the risks involved in breathing,
eating, sleeping...life is a risk. I will make a sweeping moral statement
about stealing being bad; it's about time people took responsibility for
their own actions instead of finding scape goats as to why they acted
liek a child (taking candy?).
                    Kateness,
                           Jackie

--