Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reminisce

From: v115p8d6@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (she listens like her head's on fire..)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 15:29:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Reminisce
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nntp@acsu.buffalo.edu

In article <9211121255.AA12504@perseus.cs.utwente.nl>, kortink@cs.utwente.nl (John Kortink) writes...

>Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca writes:
>
>> Gosh (!) it's been quiet lately!  Why don't we all reminisce?  What was the
>> first KaTe song everybody heard and how/where did they hear it?
>
>Nice question. Reminisce of this stuff is always nice.
>
>It seems a lot of you folks are 'laters'. I picked up on her music when
>TKI came out, and my brother (I wasn't buying records yet) continued to
>follow her record releases. Wuthering Heights must have been my very
>first 'contact'.

'Laters'?! In 1978 I was still playing with legos!
I didn't start listening to her until later, in secondary school, when we
moved to a place that played a greater variety of music on the radio...
and alot of British music. I got Hounds of Love when it was first released.

this is in defence of all those who were too young to appreciate KB when
she started out.:-)