Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ran tan and the straight

From: eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker)
Date: 11 Nov 92 (07:53)
Subject: ran tan and the straight
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

UG>Correlation does not imply causation.  An awful lot of folks have commented
UG>that they agree with the seeming high percentage of gay/lesbian/bi KaTefans.
UG>If we believe these admittedly unscientific observations, then there
UG>*is* a relationship between one's sexual preference and their 'love for KaTe'

     I've always felt that the gay/straight/Kate connection is completely
     obvious.  My argument is as follows:

     1) If you believe that the gay lifestyle is immoral, obscene,
     blasphemous, and otherwise evil, and you desire to have gay people
     arrested and otherwise persecuted (for examples, see the recent
     Colorado elections), then you are obviously close-minded and a
     product of homophobic, racist elements in our society.

     2) The belief that one person is somehow "less" than another person
     is the antithesis of true Kateness, which professes that ALL human
     beings deserve to coexist and love one another, no matter what
     silly little differences they have in sexual preference, skin
     colour, age, reproductive organs, choice of deities, etc.

     3) Therefore, gay-bashers and racists are not, and can never be,
     true Love-Hounds.

     On a similar note:

     1) If you believe in the message of Kate's music - love for everyone,
     of the same sex or otherwise, then you are obviously an enlightened
     individual who knows what this world could be like if everyone
     stopped listening to those idiots who believe in a society of "us"
     and "them."  (See also the Republican Convention for examples of
     "Us vs. Them" philosophy.)

     2) As tolerance, acceptance, and recognition among the Love-Hounds of
     the equality of all the so-called "alternative" lifestyles becomes
     more commonplace, those people who are traditionally lumped into the
     "them" category - different sexual preference, skin colour, age,
     choice of deities, etc. - are naturally drawn to the goodness, purity,
     and righteousness of Kate fans, because true Kate fans know that all
     human beings deserve to coexist and love one another.

     3) Therefore, we see an appropriate mix of gay and "straight" Kate
     fans, because Kate fans are interested in the MUSIC and not in each
     other's private lives.

     This may be a little idealistic, but it should get the point across.
---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ ** Edited For Television **
--
Channel 1 (R)   Cambridge, MA