Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

first kate experience

From: eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker)
Date: 13 Nov 92 (09:50)
Subject: first kate experience
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

UG>I'm sad to admit that I haven't picked up any more of her albums. But
UG>have heard some songs from them so am not totally lost. I guess I get
UG>depressed every now and then when I find out that I could have been listening
UG>to these songs long ago, but failed to get them since I did not know who
UG>she was. So i'm off tomorrow to get a few of them. Probably, Kick Inside,
UG>Hounds of Love, Lioneheart?, The Dreaming?. Which do you recommend that I
UG>start with... is the prev. order OK do you think, in progression?

     I think you'll find that the majority of suggestions for your first
     Kate album will be "The Dreaming" and "Hounds Of Love."  I would
     suggest "Hounds" first, as it's my favourite Kate album and one of
     my all-time albums period, ranking right up there with Peter
     Gabriel's third and fourth albums.  (She also makes heavy use of the
     famous Gabriel "gaseous cloud effect" on "Hounds.")  I was never the
     same after listening to "Hounds," and I found Kate's voice more
     appealing on that album than I did on her others - even on "The
     Dreaming."  It takes a little time to get used to Kate's screech-owl
     vocals, which are used in abundance in her earlier work.

     And anyways, I'm a sucker for drums - which are used aplenty in
     "Hounds."  That plus those stunning, spine-chilling strings, which
     are guaranteed to send a person into ecstasy during the climax of
     "Hello Earth."
---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~ Spaceballs the Tagline!
--