Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My "First Time"

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 14:21:18 PST
Subject: My "First Time"
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        Well, the bi-yearly "how did you get into Kate" question has
come up!  Just the other day I actually found the receipt for the very
first Kate Bush CD I ever bought - THE WHOLE STORY.  The date was Aug
28, 1987.  I bought it during a trip to LA with a friend of mine.  I
had just that CD for a year or two, and really loved it, though I
didn't know anything about her or the songs.  Actually, I didn't even
think she was particullary attractive at the time, since I've never
really though she looked attractive in the album shots.
        Eventually I started picking up more and more albums, but never
got as heavy into them as I did THE WHOLE STORY.  I saw the "WHOLE
STORY" book at a local place and picked it up.  This was really the
first time I had read anything significant about her.  What really got
to me was the description of THE NINTH WAVE.  I got so excited about it
that I couldn't sleep and couldn't wait to go home (I was spending the
night where I do  my volunteer work at).  I rushed out at like five in
the morning and put it on, and I haven't been the same since.  :-)

        For those who arn't handy with the calender, we're coming up on
two years since the convention, later this week.  I'll probably post my
(actually, mainly IED's) newly updated convention transcript, for those
that haven't read it.

        Thanks to Kimberly for the classical music info.  THanks to Uli
for the "mop" info.

        Oh, I talked to Andrew Marvick yesterday.  He was very excited
about Homeground being on, though he still isn't sure when he would be
able to get on.  He's still working on his school, though he's hoping
that we'll all be getting together for an "album party" soon!

        Laters.

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
NetRunner's Paradise BBS, San Diego CA