Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Sex (not Madonna)

From: scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 18:51:38 -0500
Subject: re: Sex (not Madonna)
To: gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu

> Fiona McQuarrie writes
> >Re the sexual preference of Kate's fans:
>
> >Now don't you just wonder what she meant by "Your son's coming
> >out
> "?
>
> I have always wondered this.  Iremember when I first heard the
> song I went to the lyrics to see what she was really saying.
> Could son's be a typo as was Organon?
> Well I am not sure what the Kate herself intended here but I feel
> intuitively that it wasn't ment literaly as your son's comming
> out - giving birth or comming out as when a homosexual  "comes
> out".  But who knows.

I don't think it was an accident. Cloudbusting is based on Peter Reich's
_A_Book_of_Dreams_ and the song is sung from his perspective (why she
plays a boy in the Cloudbusting video).

"Your son's coming out" is a clever play on words. _A_Book_of_Dreams_
was an emotional "coming out" for Peter Reich. The best way to
understand is to read the book.

---
scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us -- Stuart M. Castergine        ---
                I  still dream of Orgonon.                      |/
                                                                |\