Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 10:58:53 +1100
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.OZ.AU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Christopher Boek)
Subject: Re: Sheet Music Rip-Off
Sender: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 23:55:24 GMT

Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca writes:

>I just bought the sheet music book for THe Sensual World at a clearance
>sale, and, boy, am I glad I didn't pay full price for it ($30.00 CDN). The
>transcriptions of the songs consist of the melody line and guitar chords.
>No bass, no orchestration, only the barest of "other stuff" (e.g. the line
>that runs under the spoken opening of The Fog).

>I could sit down for a few hours and probably work out a reasonable
>approximation of this music myself - at least as much is what is passed off
>as the "sheet music" in this book. This is a rip-off. I would much sooner
>see production money spent on a *full* transcription. particularly for
>songs this intricate and detailed, rather than on glossy photos and
>posters.

>Not a happy camper
>Fiona McQuarrie
>fmcquarr@sfu.ca

This has been the reason I don't buy any of Kate's sheet music, and
why I am trying to find 'The Best of Kate Bush', since that is the
_only_ one that has decent transcriptions of the songs.

Maybe we should write to somebody about it. (But who ... ?)

Chris.

--
|Christopher Boek                               boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU|
|  Dept ElecEng, University of Melbourne,  Parkville Vic 3052 Australia |