Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 03:03:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Williams wrote:

>I'll have to read a review of the package. "The self-obsessed
>wanker formerly known as Prince" (Thanks Stev0!) was refered to
>on _The Red Shoes_ as "Prince", so, for the purposes of Kate-
>related discussion, I think we can refer to him as Prince.

Uh-huh.  I read something about this last week: apparently, while setting
up the terms of his distribution deal with EMI-Capitol, not only did he
insist that no one call him by his former given name, but his contract now
stipulates that any employee of EMI-Capitol who calls him "Prince" must be
FINED for doing so.  The sad thing is, EMI-Capitol appears to have agreed
to this bizarre condition.

So if THE RED SHOES was being released now, instead of three years
ago...the legal implications would be staggering!  :-)

On television this evening there was an item saying that...him, you know,
the guy we've been talking about, now wants to be addressed only as "The
Artist."  Sigh...

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/