Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet

From: SHANDRALYN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 20:43:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<< MTV europe has confirmed that Kate will appear on the song
 "My Computer" on Prince's upcoming 3 cd set, Emancipation, to
 be released Nov 19th. >>

"Emancipation" because he is free of his record deal? I just read a review
that his most recent release shouldn't have been released, and that it's
obvious he's just fulfilling his contract. I hope his new stuff is improved
now that he's free. I used to like his stuff... I do wish he hadn't messed
with "Why Should I Love You" so much, though, definitely overproduced. It'll
be interesting to hear them do another cross-atlantic collaboration. I wonder
why he chose to do another? Because Kate is amazing, of course, but I
wouldn't think his ego would allow him to think anyone is better than him,
and he usually tends to collaborate with love interests, like Sheila E.,
etc.... Anyway, enough babbling....

cheers!
-Shandra