Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 02:23:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Less than 2 weeks till new Kate duet
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Sweet wrote:

>MTV europe has confirmed that Kate will appear on the song
>"My Computer" on Prince's upcoming 3 cd set, Emancipation, to
>be released Nov 19th. The song was completed via swapping
>tapes...they never actually met in the studio. Supposedly the
>song is about Prince's hobby of surfing the net on AOL. In fact
>the song opens with AOL's greeting "You've got mail" and closes
>with AOL's "Goodbye."

Urr.  I'll have to find someone to tape the song for me -- or hope against
hope that it's released as a single -- because I'm not about to shell out
for a three CD set by "(unreproduceable glyph)" when I haven't cared for
his last several single ones, just to hear one song.  I can hardly believe
it, but someone's finally found a way to keep me from rushing out and
buying a new Kate song!

Should we assume that this song is an artifact of the same long-ago tape
exchange which produced "Why Should I Love You?"  Or do we have any reason
to suppose that Kate and "(unreproduceable glyph)" have resumed contact
since then?  Given what we know about their "difficult" collaboration I
would tend to assume the former, barring any definite word to the contrary.

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/