Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Discovery?

From: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel F G Rijs)
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 1996 15:28:11 -0100
Subject: Kate Bush Discovery?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi,

I've finally found some time to email! Thank Violet & Kate for Easter vacations!
As some of you may be aware, I am busy releasing a CD version of Tori Amos
on the basis of pre-ordering. In order to be able to do this I had to pay a
visit to BUMA/STEMRA, the Dutch company which is involved with copyrights,
early this week.
As long as I was there I decided to check out the database of this company
for Tori and Kate and songs they registered. The registration of unreleased
songs by Tori has been thoroughly investigated during the past few years on
her mailing list, but it surprised me that I never heard anything about this
on this mailing list. Because there are certainly some Kate Bush songs
registered in that database!
I will write a more thorough article when people are interested, but for now
I'll suffice to say that I did not only find all the "regular" tracks
released on Kate's albums, but also tracks like "Maybe", "Rolling the ball",
"Roses", "Love like a rollercoaster", "Odysseus and Don Juan", "Living in
sin" and "Hopefully".
I've never heard about these latter tracks, and obviously I was very
surprised finding about this. As you probably know, artists can register
songs when they write them, and they will probably never surface in recorded
form.
Does anyone know more about this? Did I perhaps miss a discussion when I
wasn't on this mailing list?

I will write more when I get some time for it. In the mean time, I do read
my email so don't hesitate to contact me, so I won't rehash old knowledge!

Greetings,
** Marcel F G Rijs - "Conan the librarian"
** Internet: mfgr@bart.nl            CIS: 100276,2176
**      WWW: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel
** Protect Free Speech Online -- http://www.cdt.org/ciec/