Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Discovery?

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 23:01:45 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Discovery?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Marcel,

> As some of you may be aware, I am busy releasing a CD version of Tori Amos
> on the basis of pre-ordering. In order to be able to do this I had to pay a
> visit to BUMA/STEMRA, the Dutch company which is involved with copyrights,
> early this week.

I assume you're talking about your "Tori Covered" collection?
OK, I really should put the effort to finish my MIDI Wuthering Heights,
but how IS the "KaTe Kovered" going?

> As long as I was there I decided to check out the database of this company
> for Tori and Kate and songs they registered.
> I will write a more thorough article when people are interested,

I AM interested.

> released on Kate's albums, but also tracks like "Maybe", "Rolling the ball",
> "Roses", "Love like a rollercoaster", "Odysseus and Don Juan", "Living in
> sin" and "Hopefully".
> I've never heard about these latter tracks,

Nor me, Bryan thinks IED will have though! (note the use of the 3rd person
there, hopefully IED appreciates the humour).

By "registered", does that mean you can see the words, tunes and the chords,
and perhaps we can play them for ourselves, or in my case get my computer
to do it for me (boy, am I lazy). Maybe this is some sort of "boot" concept,
hmmmm OK perhaps I'm dreaming, but anything new (to me) by KaTe will feed
my current musical hunger pains.

			Bryan Dongray