Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Discovery?

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 96 11:57:54 +0200
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Discovery?
To: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel F G Rijs)
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi!

Marcel wrote:
> I will write a more thorough article when people are interested, but for now
> I'll suffice to say that I did not only find all the "regular" tracks
> released on Kate's albums, but also tracks like "Maybe", "Rolling the ball",
> "Roses", "Love like a rollercoaster", "Odysseus and Don Juan", "Living in
> sin" and "Hopefully".

Well, "Maybe" is "well" known, at least in part.
"Rolling the ball" sounds like "Them Heavy People" for me, though it might
be an early version (n.b.: that song is not part of the known set of demos!)
"Roses" might be either "Surrender Into The Roses", or even "Under The Ivy".
Of course it can be anything else as well. The others do not ring a bell here.

> I've never heard about these latter tracks, and obviously I was very
> surprised finding about this. As you probably know, artists can register
> songs when they write them, and they will probably never surface in recorded
> form.

You seem to have had a surprisingly good idea. Anyone want to repeat this
in England?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]