Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Discovery?

From: st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:00:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Discovery?
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <199604071328.PAA15063@unix1.bart.nl>, Marcel F G Rijs
(mfgr@bart.nl) wrote:

> I will write a more thorough article when people are interested, but for now
> I'll suffice to say that I did not only find all the "regular" tracks
> released on Kate's albums, but also tracks like "Maybe", "Rolling the ball",
> "Roses", "Love like a rollercoaster", "Odysseus and Don Juan", "Living in
> sin" and "Hopefully".
> I've never heard about these latter tracks, and obviously I was very
> surprised finding about this. As you probably know, artists can register
> songs when they write them, and they will probably never surface in recorded
> form.

Well, "Maybe" was one of the summer of '75 recordings, "Rolling the
Ball" is obviously "Them Heavy People", "Roses" sounds like one of the
known demos, and "Living in Sin" could be "Kashka from Baghdad", but
that leaves "Love like a rollercoaster", "Odysseus and Don Juan" and
"Hopefully", which don't ring any bells with me at least....sounds like
quite a discovery....

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)