Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 6 Oct 1995 18:00:22 GMT
Subject: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Oh no!  The polls have hit the Gaffa list now (or maybe the newsgroup was
finally free from them) but what a delightful opportunity for anyone out
there who felt that they never had anything to say to finally
participate.  No, no one's going to count this poll (then again, you
never know), but here's the tough questions.

1)  What is your top ten list of Kate Bush songs?  (No, that's not fair.
 I'll rephrase the question).  What is your top twenty list of Kate Bush
songs?

2)  What are your three favorite Kate Bush videos?

3)  If you could only have one Kate Bush album or mini-album which would
it be?  (This Woman's Work does not count.  Sorry!)  You can include
bootlegs, demos, etc.  Oh, I think I'll be a bit mean.  Hounds Of Love
and The Ninth Wave have to be seen as separate mini-albums on this
question!

4)  If you could ask Kate one question, what would you ask?

5)  What is your least liked Kate Bush song?  (the song that you love,
but just not as much as all the others.  I'll be fair)

6)  What is your favorite Kate Bush cover?

7)  What is your favorite Kate Bush guest appearance (i.e. "Don't Give
Up," "Sister and Brother," etc.)

8)  How much would you pay to see Kate Bush in concert?  (For people like
me who reside in the States, keep in mind that the only performance she
ever had in the U.S. (that I know of) was on Saturday Night Live in
1978!)

And if you haven't had enough being interrogated on the net, name some of
your favorite artists, maybe your favorite novels, fiction writers,
poets, etc. and all your other raves, so we can all understand the common
psychology, let me rephrase that, since I already suspect the results.
Uncommon psychology of the Love Hounds.  Also:  anyone interested in
taking a stab at transcribing the lyrics not mentioned in the lyrics of
her songs?  (Example:  The narration in "Jig Of Life," the concluding
lines of "The Wedding List," latin phrases and their translations.)  I
find it amusing that while Kate has said that all her albums were meant
to have the lyrics printed (if they're not the company that's printed the
CD is being cheap.  I think it sucks that in the U.S., at least, record
companies tend to not print lyrics after an album's a couple years' old.
 Fortunately, all the lyrics were printed in English and Japanese (!) on
my This Woman's Work import.), some of the most puzzling things said in
her songs are not printed!

I'll start mentioning mine, tomorrow.  Since I have to think out my top
twenty!

                                                        Stormin' Norman