Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 7 Oct 1995 20:20:26 GMT
Subject: Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

     Before I put down my own list, I got a reaction from one person
pleading that you all respond to me directly, complaining, that after
awhile these lists became boring.  Since not all of us are chart buffs,
you can do that if you wish, though I was only teasing that maybe I'll
count these up.  But then I changed my mind, and decided, well it would
be interesting to see the results, so I'll do it.  The polls will be
closed November 15th, but please respond now, because while I'm solely
working on my graduate thesis right now, I do have to give my defense and
get a job eventually.  Also, I'm writing from my father's computer and if
I'm away a week, that means my father's inbox gets crammed with messages
and he doesn't know how to put them in another folder (he's very computer
illiterate).  And I really don't want to deal with a sudden couple
hundred lists at one time.

How the tabulation will be done for the lists:  20 points for number one,
one point for number twenty.  Anybody who chooses not to mention their
songs in any order (and that's okay) will have ten points given equally
to all the songs.  If you mention more than 20, half a point will be
counted for the first tune on the bottom.  The rest will be discarded.
For those who mention "in no order," however, I will only count the first
twenty mentioned.

I will try to give the results by the end of the year.  I wish I could
wait until Kate-mas, but that's too far away.

As for what to post here, the "if you ask Kate Bush a question" is very
important.  I will mention several of them on the results, but I will
have to pick and choose on my discretion.  So you may want to list that
answer here.  The same goes for any of you who want to mention your raves
(and I do encourage you).  Oh, and to clear up one question.  In the Kate
Bush cover, I meant a song she covered.  But someone did mention album
cover as well, so please go ahead and state that, too (though I think the
winner of that one will be no surprise to anyone, here!)  And as for
anyone who has covered a Kate Bush song?  That's for a different posting.
 To vent our anger out.  I mean Pat Benatar, what she did with that song.
 Turns the previous pleasant experience of her Crimes of Passion album
into a horrid one (I think).  Twangs of guitar and her rough vocals to
"Wuthering Heights"?  I don't know.  Well, I'll mention my votes on a
separate posting.  And  happy voting! (if voting could always be this
fun!)

                                                   Stormin' Norman