Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 7 Oct 1995 20:46:24 GMT
Subject: Re: For Lovehounds Only: A Kate Bush Questionnaire
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

      A)  Top 20 songs

1)  Jig Of Life
2)  Houdini
3)  Waking The Witch
4)  The Dreaming
5)  Breathing
6)  Running Up That Hill
7)  The Sensual World
8)  Wuthering Heights (New Vocal)*-- I will tally both versions equally
and simply mention which version won.  The same goes for any dance or
recording difference to other songs as well.
9)  The Infant Kiss
10)  The Night Of The Swallow
11)  Pull Out The Pin
12)  Under The Ivy
13)  Suspended In Gaffa
14)  Hello Earth
15)  Watching You Without Me
16)  Mother Stands For Comfort
17)  The Man With The Child In His Eyes
18)  Lily
19)  Oh England My Lionheart
20)  Babooshka

            B)  Top Three Videos

1)  Cloudbusting
2)  Experiment IV (I'm surprised MTV didn't play the hell out of this
one.)
3)  Hounds Of Love

            C)  Only One album or mini-album
               The Ninth Wave

            D)  One question for Kate
            Tell me what you think is going on in your writing processes?

            E)  Least liked song:  Rubberband Girl-- I don't know.  I
bought this single when it was first released, and have never shaken the
immediate negative vibes I've had since.  Of course I may be biased since
I don't like the Spinners' "Rubberband Man," either.

            F)  Kate Bush Cover
                Lord Of The Reedy River by Donovan
                The Dreaming album cover
                Cover of her songs?  None that I like that I've heard.

            G)  Guest appearance:  Guest vocals on Peter Gabriel's
"Don't Give Up."  (And a note to the person who asked me.  Mentioning
other type of appearances are okay such as the Fruitopia commercial.)

            H)  How much would I pay for a Kate Bush concert?  I'd pay
three hundred dollars if she performed in California.  If I have to
travel in the States to see her:  Four hundred, including travel.  But I
always wanted to see England, if that's the case. A thousand dollars
including travel.

Raves:  Tori Amos, Peter Gabriel, Sarah McLachlan, Beatles, U2, Sinead
O'Connor (except when she renounces any political action she's done.  It
makes me frown more on that than the original statement she's made), XTC,
Bjork, Portishead, Yaz, and new wave music in its nostalgic rendition.
Novels:  One Hundred Years of Solitude, and Toni Morrison's Jazz.
Fiction Writers:  Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Toni Morrison, Raymond Carver,
Mary Gaitskill.  Poets:  Yeats, Adrienne Rich, Mark Shorer, Wallace
Stevens.

 Well, that's my contribution.  Regardless, I can keep "eat[ing] the
music" and never be full!

                                               Stormin; Norman