Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:53:01 -0400
Subject: MisK.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Norman Buchwald writes:
 > Also:  anyone interested in taking a stab at transcribing
 > the lyrics not mentioned in the lyrics of her songs?
 > (Example:  The narration in "Jig Of Life," the concluding
 > lines of "The Wedding List," latin phrases and their
 > translations.)

This has already been done. The complete lyrics (more or less) can be found
in The Garden (via ftp and various Kate Bush WWW sites).

Bryan Dongwray's cross-indexing of the Cathy Demos titles is very helpful.
IED has some amendments to offer:

"Surrender Into the Roses   Camilla"  -- Important change:
IED's suggested title should read "Carmilla". The song explores
the Victorian vampire story of the same title, written by
Sheridan LeFanu; hence IED's suggested title. Carmilla, not
Camilla. Of course, this may not be the actual title of Kate
Bush's song.

"The Gay Farewell   Eddie the Queen"  -- The correct title of
this one is pretty well confirmed as "The Gay Farewell"; IED's
title, "Eddie the Queen", is not likely.

"Something Like a Song   In My Garden" -- The correct title of
this one is pretty well confirmed as "Something Like a Song",
not "In My Garden".

"Ferry Me Over" and "Dali" -- These suggested titles are indeed
for the same song.  IED was told by someone long ago that the
song was suggested by Salvador Dali imagery; he has never had
any confirmation of this claim, however.  He has absolutely no
idea what this song may actually be about; he only knows that
it is a masterpiece.

As Bryan suggests, the Phoenix titles seem to be more
authentic, for the most part, with the above possible exceptions
noted. It's too bad that we can't really confirm any of the demos' titles.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
   S         R        I