Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Frutopia

From: leiter@panix.com (Philip Dahl)
Date: 6 Aug 1994 12:02:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Frutopia
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Miller, Ben (bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com) wrote:

: In general, I am at the same time skeptical and disturbed regarding this Kate
: commerical news.

I've been noticing those ads since they started because they're very
good; the best I've seen since Nestles' "Sweet Dreams" ads.  I was
thrilled when I read that K8 had done the music.

I see a big difference between writing music for the purpose of making an
ad, on the one hand, and letting your music be used for ads after people
have come to like it in another context.  I hate Nike and Sun Chips for
using Beatles songs in their ads.

Phil Dahl
leiter@panix.com