Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Official EMI Live CD of Hammersmith!?!?

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 6 Aug 1994 11:16:05 GMT
Subject: Re: New Official EMI Live CD of Hammersmith!?!?
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
content-length: 0
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

wcsanil@superior.carleton.ca (Anil Prasad) writes:

   A mail order company in the current issue of Q magazine is advertising
   a special "CD + Video" box set of the Hammersmith show for #16.95.

   This is a company that rarely deals with bootlegs, so I'm wondering
   if EMI actually released this? I imagine this list would have been
   flooded with talk of it already if it had been, but I thought I'd
   check just in case.

This package has been mentioned a couple of times here, but only in a
"coming soon" context - it hasn't been released yet.

CD Services, the company to which you refer, are notorious for advertising
things well (in some cases several months) before they are actually released.

Geoff Parks