Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Frutopia

From: Gary Moore <gmoore@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 08:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Frutopia
To: bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

On Fri, 5 Aug 1994 bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com wrote:

> I have heard a couple Fruitopia commercials on the radio here in Northern
> California, but I don't remember what if any music was playing in the
> background.  I tend to stop paying attention when commercials air.

I thought the original message on this specified the television
commercials and said nothing about the radio campaign.  Like you, though,
I tend to stop listening when the adds start--especially one's I think
are supposed to REALLY appeal to "Generation X"--and I can't recall
enough of any of the Fruitopia ads to make a comparison.  The only one I
remember at all is a radio ad about some "lay down your arms" bullshit
being the key to peace on earth (but that's another discussion...)

 gmoore@u.washington.edu      gary@ssc.com      surreal@eskimo.com
Thomas Paine wrote, "...arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer
in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid
mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775.