Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Frutopia

From: bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com (Miller, Ben)
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 94 14:05:58 PST
Subject: Re: Frutopia
To: uunet.uu.net!love-hounds
Encoding: 1240 Text

>>Has anyone in the U.S. seen these commercials or are we to be deprived
>>yet again while the U.K. wallows in Kate's glorious voice?

>>in other words, did she do commercials for an international ad campaign
>>or just for England?

>>Oh boy, something else to look forward to hearing.

>>Karen  kln@crl.com

I have heard a couple Fruitopia commercials on the radio here in Northern
California, but I don't remember what if any music was playing in the
background.  I tend to stop paying attention when commercials air.

In general, I am at the same time skeptical and disturbed regarding this Kate
commerical news.  To my knowledge, she has never lent her talents to advertising
uses before, save for the Seiko watch ad in Japan, lo those many years ago.  I
tend to like and admire musicians who are not commercial in either the popular
sense or in their willingness to sell their talents advertising or commercial
purposes. I like to place Kate at the top of that list (as well as many others).

My last word on this is that I'll listen more carefully the next time I hear a
Fruitopia commercial.

Riding the push and pull of it all,

Ben Miller
bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com