Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Questions

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1993 01:34:19 -0700
Subject: Re: More Questions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger) writes:
> Tower is saying Kate will only be there from 4pm to 6pm.  I agree with
> Fiona that no one should take more than the briefest possible time,
> and should use that time to ***give*** as much to Kate as you know how.
> (Not an easy thing to judge, and a very easy thing to get all wrong! :^)

I agree that giving to her would be the best use of the time.  We know
she doesn't like dealing with the press, publicity, and questions and
she probably finds it discouraging.  If we really love her work then
why not show her that many of her fans are not like the press and
don't want to hound her (hounds of love?) but rather want her to do
what *she* loves to do and hope that she will continue to share her
work with us.  Instead of using this face-to-face time treating her
just like the press does, give to her as only her fans could do.  How
is very tricky I agree; after all we don't know her.  She might think
you were a lunatic and she might be right for all I know.  :) Wouldn't
it be nice to have her *want* to come back to the US or perform
because she found out there are people who have already received a lot
from her work?  I personally only want her to do what she loves to
do.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?