Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Olivier's mail about new CDs

From: r.eisermann@LINK-M.MUC.DE
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 11:04:00 +0100
Subject: Olivier's mail about new CDs
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1993 18:54:02 MET
>From: meullemees@cal.enst.fr
>Subject: A new song of Kate???
>
>  Hello,
>
> I've been yesterday in a shop that is famous for its numerous
imports of >CD.
>Of course I first checked that there were no new CD of Kate.I
had already

Another new CD?

>bought TRS,and two 4-songs-CD whose titles are RG and EtM.

Could you write more about RG and EtM?

>But I found another one in fact two!
>The first one has perhaps already been presented on the list,it
contains 2
>CD: the one with RG and an other one with an interview of
Kate.The 2nd one
>(IMHO the most interesting one) had 4 tracks:
> 1.Moments of pleasure

One of her best songs, I agree with some other networkers and
Bushenthusiasts

> 2.Show a little devotion
> 3.December will be magic again
> 4.Experiment IV

Interesting mixture...this copilation...I don't know SaLD, but
the other songs a very different. MoP is not a song for casual
listener.

> I might say something wrong,but SaLD seems to be a recent song
(at least I
>didn't knew it):the way Kate sings reminds me of her latest
albums,whereas
>DWBMA sounds really like one of her "old" songs.

DWBMA is a old song, in a radio magazine some years ago they
said
that it's a single from '79. Probably it was and appetizer for
the superb
NFe (or should we stop using abbreviatons for the albums and
tracks ?)
Maybe it was the B-Track of Baboshka or so?
But I really think that this is one of her best albums, because
it was a perfect work- lyrics, music, arrangement, recording
technique.

One of the best songs is the sarcastic "Army Dreamers".
(cf. Ex IV)

>I find SaLD really amazing.So I can just advice you to look
after the CD.

>                               So long ...
>
>                                       Olivier Meullemeestre.

Greetings from Bavaria (somehow between Munich and Dachau)
under conservative rule...

CU,
 Ralph

--
# Origin: LINK-M   LINKSystem Muenchen  +49 89  168 96 80      [infiMail v1.30]