Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Flamebait (Sizzle)

From: tkoskela@phoenix.oulu.fi (Tuomas Koskela)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 11:58:41 GMT
Subject: Re: More Flamebait (Sizzle)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ousrvr.oulu.fi

Ulrich Grepel (uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de) wrote:
: > OK, I have been reading over all the interviews etc. that people have
: > been kind enough to post from various sources...and a thought has
: > been percolating in my mind (unusual, I know). To wit:
: >
: > Why, when Kate writes such "personal" songs, does she get all huffy
: > in interviews when interviewers ask her about them?

: Yup. Good question. I wondered the same for a while now. And I also
: think that Kate has become more hiding in her shell (now that's for a
: Supertramp reference...) with this album than with any album before
: this. Yes, I know, Kate has severe personal problems (her mother,
: maybe Del [still no confirmation/denial from an 'official' side], ...),
: but nevertheless she became absolutely invisible.

: Is there any promotion done by Kate this time? Yes, there was June 20,
: when she performed Moments of Pleasure on Aspel & Company, but besides
: this, the appearance at the premiere of The Line, The Cross, and The Curve
: in London, and the phone interview in MTV Most Wanted on October 22nd
: there has been just one magazine interview (or are there more that are from
: different sources?)

: One thing is sure: this time (until now) Kate can absolutely not complain
: about having to go promoting her album - I see three possibilities how
: Kate can use the time won by this:

: - relax (most probable)
: - making another album QUICK (would be nice)
: - preparing for a tour (now that would be NICE! ;-) )

: I wonder how big the influence of the lack of promotion is wrt chart success.

: Bye,

: Uli