Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Questions

From: nessus@twitch.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 15:53:20 GMT
Subject: Re: More Questions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9312070834.AA08610@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:

>   I agree that giving to her would be the best use of the time.  We know
>   she doesn't like dealing with the press, publicity, and questions and
>   she probably finds it discouraging.

Contrary to popular opinion, Kate likes being asked questions about
her work, though she is very reluctant to give away any secrets.  What
she doesn't like is the obnoxious attitude of much of the press,
especially the British press, who will act very nicely to her in
person, ask personal questions, and then roast her in public because
she had the audacity to be born the daughter of a doctor (it's a
British class struggle kind of thing).  This kind of behavior by the
press has made her very cynical of the press in general.

   <nessus@mit.edu>