Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and MTV.COM

From: jfirch@cnet.shs.arizona.edu (Jill R Firch)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1993 16:54:10 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Kate and MTV.COM
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This is kind of old.  I'm sorry if it was already posted.  I just now
got around to reading last months mtv.com stuff.  The Billboard charts
that show RBG at 7 were also posted there.  I'm posting the whole article
with copyright.
___________

                        [IMAGE] THE CYBER SLEAZE REPORT

Monday November 22, 1993

COURTNEY LOVE, wife of NIRVANA's KURT COBAIN, gave the rock press a rough ride
at a Hollywood concert by her band HOLE. Courtney, who is known as one of the
most volatile women in American rock, was supporting EVAN DANDO and THE
LEMONHEADS at The Palace on Monday, November 8. As she opened her set, she
jabbed at journalists in the audience, "Hey, how many rock journalists does it
take to screw in a light bulb? Twelve ... one to screw it in and 11 for the
guest list." Now that's a good joke!

How do you replace one of the original members of a group like THE ROLLING
STONES? The answer seems to be, "You don't"! The STONES have announced that
they have officially become a four-piece after giving up their hunt for a
bassist to replace BILL WYMAN. The Stones, who are planning a new album and
tour next summer, have decided to rely on session bass players in the future.
The first person to be drafted in for their current recording sessions is
former MILES DAVIS sideman DARRYL JONES.

British pop diva KATE BUSH told me that she doesn't have a problem with the
media's depiction of her as "mad". "It could be worse," she says. "I think
everyone is mad in their own way. I mean, what is normal? "I do think I have
quite a lot of fun with my madness, though. It's so nice that I can channel it
into my work," she said.

My spies in the refrigeration business put me onto some good dirt this week .
It seems rocker LENNY KRAVITZ refuses point blank to have air conditioning on
his tour bus. I hooked up with his driver SPODIE ODIE who told me, "that it
induces heat colds, shuts down the body and allows bacteria to incubate. Heat
is more natural - it lets you sweat out the toxins." Spodie Odie not only works
as Kravitz's chauffeur - he also does his gardening. "I work my magic on his
herbs and vegetables in his garden in the Bahamas," he says. "That's my talent.
I make sure that everything that goes into Lenny's body is pure. It comes out
in the sweat and magic of what Lenny does on stage." Must be some good herbs!

MICHAEL JACKSON's brother JERMAINE JACKSON skipped an art gallery appearance
last week in Switzerland and returned to Los Angeles to see his doctor because
of mysterious heart palpitations. JERMAINE'S spokesman JOHN McLAUGHLIN says
that the visit was strictly precautionary. He told me that "He's fine, and he's
looking forward to getting back to his duties as executive producer of the TV
show JACKSON FAMILY HONORS." Jackson was to have made an appearance at
Trenton's Boehm Porcelain Gallery, which created the award which is to be
presented by the Jackson family to Elizabeth Taylor and Berry Gordy at the
family's television reunion on December 11th.

Cyber-Sleaze is copyright 1993 by CurryCo Ltd.
_______
    Cyber Sleaze, Adam Curry

Jill R. Firch    Application Systems Analyst    jfirch@cnet.shs.arizona.edu
National Center for Neurogenic Communication Disorders