Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry: The Walking

From: dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 06 Sep 1993 17:56:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry: The Walking
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sat, 4 Sep 1993 01:14:10 -0400, neilg@sfu.ca (Neil K. Guy) said:
neilg> "The Walking" is not an unneeded compilation - I don't think
neilg> there's ever been one, as far as I know.

There was a compilation, "Summer in the Yukon".  I'm not sure it was
ever released in the US (I never saw a copy), but I thought it was
available in Canada.  I believe the only non-album track on SitY was
"Calling All Angels", and since that is now an album track, I guess
SitY isn't needed for the completist.

"The Walking", otoh, is an absolute necessity for any jane completist,
or any jane fan at all.

neilg> I've concluded that I'm a bit disappointed by "When I was
neilg> a Boy," her latest effort. Oh, well.

I'm still getting used to it--jane albums always take me awhile--but
I'm certainly not disappointed!

--
-Dan Riley                          Internet: dsr@lns598.tn.cornell.edu
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University     HEPNET/SPAN: lns598::dsr (44630::dsr)