Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry: The Walking

From: neilg@sfu.ca (Neil K. Guy)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1993 05:06:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry: The Walking
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sfu.ca

bilver!bdoherty@osceola.cs.ucf.edu (Benjamin J Doherty) writes:

>Is it UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE to get this album?  Is it an unneeded compilation
>album?  I'm thinking that since they BOTHERED to list it that it would be
>still be available somehow.  The system doesn't list everything, so why would
>it list something that is unavailable?

 No idea about the system, but I'm pretty sure that all of Jane
Siberry's albums are still available in Canada. Her first album was
entitled "Jane Siberry." It was followed by "No Borders Here" on Duke
Street Records (in Canada.) Then came "The Speckless Sky", "The Walking"
and "Bound by the Beauty." "The Walking" is not an unneeded
compilation - I don't think there's ever been one, as far as I know.
She's contributed odd bits and pieces - such as a vocal duet on "Kick
at the Darkness," the Bruce Cockburn tribute album - but that's about
it, I think. I've concluded that I'm a bit disappointed by "When I was
a Boy," her latest effort. Oh, well.

 - Neil K. (n_k_guy@sfu.ca)