Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 92 11:15:42 PST
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: Kate/Sexual Orientation
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 19:15:18 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik).  I didn't say:
>I'll
>give you Frankie, but then they were like Depeche, alternative crossovers.

frankie goes to hollywood were targeted at the mainstream and as far as i
know they never spent any time in the alternative charts before becoming
huge #1 sellers.  shit, one ban from the BBC and any wanker can be #1!
(we're attempting to create a story about our new record being all about
pedophilia in a crass attempt to sell more units, but i don't think anyone
is buying the story... after all, it IS an instrumental piece...)

>Soft Cell I know nothing about...can't be *that* mainstream, can they?

geez, where were you?  "tainted love" was a huge hit even in the US.  they
had many successful singles in the UK.

--
Jon Drukman (God's personal DJ)                 uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
What's wrong with you?  What's wrong with everybody in this CRAZY PLACE???