Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 92 05:30:33 GMT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <9211171115.aa16628@scorn.sco.COM> news@sco.COM (News admin) writes:

>Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
>From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
>Subject: Re: Kate/Sexual Orientation
>Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 19:15:18 GMT
>Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

>I am not as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik).  I didn't say:
>>I'll
>>give you Frankie, but then they were like Depeche, alternative crossovers.

>frankie goes to hollywood were targeted at the mainstream and as far as i
>know they never spent any time in the alternative charts before becoming
>huge #1 sellers.  shit, one ban from the BBC and any wanker can be #1!
>(we're attempting to create a story about our new record being all about
>pedophilia in a crass attempt to sell more units, but i don't think anyone
>is buying the story... after all, it IS an instrumental piece...)

Sorry...I was treading on uncertain ground as I am not as intimately
familiar with Frankie as I am with many of the others.

>>Soft Cell I know nothing about...can't be *that* mainstream, can they?

>geez, where were you?  "tainted love" was a huge hit even in the US.  they
>had many successful singles in the UK.

I was probably listening to other music...I'm 18, you know...I don't know
when they were popular but I only started listening to modern music 6 years
ago, and have been backtracking ever since.  I'll just take your word for it
then.

*  Andrew David Simchik *  DISCLAIMER: I said it... 			   *
*  a.k.a. Drewcifer     *  			No one else would!	   *							   *