Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: "MICHAEL H. ALAIMO" <mha1@lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 09:55:33 -0500
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: mha1@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu (MICHAEL H. ALAIMO)
Subject: Re: Don't Subquote, Dammit
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 14:55:29 GMT

In article <9211160137.AA23234@whistler.sfu.ca>, Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca writes:
>This request was made a few weeks ago and I have made it in the past, and I
>am going to make it once again....
>WHEN YOU ARE RESPONDING TO PREVIOUS MESSAGES, PLEASE BE BRIEF IF YOU ARE
>QUOTING FROM THEM!!!!
>So get with it, people. Don't be jerks. Be considerate of other readers
>(especially those using 1200-baud modems or limited memory capacity) and
>keep the repeating to a minimum.

>Fiona McQuarrie
>fmcquarr@sfu.ca

I don't particularly enjoy sifting through repostings of multi-page memos
either but- sometimes it's (a) necessary to repost certain things in order to
maintain some coherent thread of the conversation and (b) some users either
don't have decent editors or aren't familiar with their systems to the point
of being able to edit repostings neatly.

I daresay that these individuals should not leave the newsgroup just to please
you and your low-grade computer system.  If you don't like it, say the hell
off the newsgroup.

--

: MIKE ALAIMO        :