Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What's best for Kate

From: Albert Lust <Albert.Lust@nlzdmfsc.origin.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:24:26 +0100
Subject: Re: What's best for Kate
To: Love-hounds@gryphon.com

Okay, here we go again :

Don wrote:

> However, I still feel that her work habit (or lack thereof)
> are a reasonable topic of discussion and a "Kate Knows Best" attitude
> contributes little to the discourse.
>
> - Don

Just to make sure : this is not a vendetta against you, Don. Though I
often disagree with your views, I am very happy you are on this list.
So, keep it coming.

Having said that : I still cannot quite understand your (and some
other people's) attitude towards Kate and the way she lives her life.
The point I (have to) keep making is : What do WE really know about
her so that WE can say what would be best for her (like touring for
instance)?

Let's take an objective look at her career : she sort of rolled into
the spotlights at a very early age, probably not realising at all what
it would bring her. A girl of 16 who wants to become a musician, but
does that mean that twenty years on she still has to view things the
same way? If she wants to do other things with her life, sculpturing
or whatever, who are we to criticise?

Of course, WE don't want her to sculpture, WE want her to sing, WE
want her to tour (WE includes ME). But WE don't know her well enough
to say it would be beneficial to her if she actually did it.

We can all keep hoping her best interests will interfere more with
ours in the future.

Albert