Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?

From: R.EISERMANN@LINK-M.de (Ralph Eisermann)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 00:00:00 +0000
Subject: Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello to all my fellow love-hounds,

sometimes I think about movies, and some days ago
I remembered Breaking Glass ( 1982 ), a
story about a female artist and her band.
Yes, it is the old story about music business and Fortuna s wheel,
"regnabo, regno, regnabam, regnavi",
commercial success leads into private trouble ... and leads into chaos
It is yet another film about Britain and Europe as well in the late 70ies,
a interesting time not only to love-hounds ;)

In the "regnabo"-phase, when the band is a underground band among other
underground bands, the heroine meets someone who is working for a record
label. She wants to get support, but the young man tells her that he
cannot do something for her because they promote only bands and artists
with good commercial  chances, i.e. simple pop.
He points to poster which shows a young woman ( IMO "Susan" ), and a song
of "Susan" is running in the background.

My question is if there is some relation to Kate Bush ?
The poster looks a bit like early photos of Kate, as I can remember.
The song is easy but the singer is singing with a very high voice.
Breaking Glass plays in the late 70ies ( -> TKI, LH )

What do my fellow love-hounds think about  my question ?

Ralph Eisermann
Wuermstrasse 1c
Karlsfeld bei Muenchen
D - 85757