Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Paya Paya Paya

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:07:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Paya Paya Paya
To: rwgarr@intrex.net
CC: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net

Ronald W. Garrison wrote:

> > Don't do it for the
> > money.  Don't do it for free.  Get something you want.  Look
> > at it like this;  a lot of people move here from India to work
> > because America is wealthy and India is not.  Yet,
> > here I am listening to bhajans, ragas, and ghazals.    Why?
> > I have 12 notes and they have 22.  Rich is what one doesn't have.
> > Were the Sadhus the poorest or the wealthiest of men, Renee?

Actually, that is my reply to Renee.

> AND (from len?)...

Right on this one.

Ron writes:

> I don't know what has
> ever happened to Kate that is really very bad at all. Her life almost
> seems the picture of tranquility, by all accounts. And yet she somehow
> did not turn out as some spoiled rich kid. Maybe money doesn't explain
> everything after all.)

IMHO, personal suffering isn't required, but if one can't open oneself
to what
goes on, one loses perspective and material.  Songwriting can be as much
painting as anything else and all visions do not come from within, but
are
reflections.  It is the clear ocean that most clearly reflects the moon
and stars.

We need not know her.  See her shine.  That is enough for love.

len