Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Constellation of the Heart

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:27:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Constellation of the Heart
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On 31 Jul 1997 03:29:59 -0400, MiaSimone@aol.com wrote:

>>  "Constellation of the Heart" is the worst of all--a pointedly mainstream
>song
>>  with a ridiculous group vocal and a hideously bland groove.
>
>The above was removed from someone's post on a review of The Red Shoes, and
>for the third or fourth time since I subscribed to Love Hounds, I am indeed
>surprised on the subject of "Constellation of the Heart".  As it seems the
>majority concur that this song is abysmal.

Hm, strange. I've always found "Constellation" to be one of my faves
on "The Red Shoes" - an album I love, by the way, even if not everyone
shares that enthusiasm.

I think the lyrics are excellent. "Without the pain there'd be no
learning, without the hurt we'd never change" is my favourite line.
And the dialogue-part is brilliant too.

Emmy

--,-`-<@ http://club.innet.be/~year2846  @>-,-`--