Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on Prince's latest CD

From: tereza2000@aol.com (Tereza2000)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 16:22:44 -0400
Subject: Kate on Prince's latest CD
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi all,

I think I posted this question in a previous post, but I don't think it
ever showed up.

Anyway, I like all of Prince's music up to "Sign o'the Times" ... and I
liked his collaboration with Kate on "The Red Shoes."  Kate also worked
with Prince on a song on his latest effort "Emancipation" (let's just say
I liked him a lot better when he wasn't emancipated).  Problem is that
it's a double CD and a bit too pricey for me to buy for just that one song
... and from what I've heard so far off of the CD, I'm almost sure I won't
like the other songs on the CD ("Betcha by Golly WOW"????  Bad remakes
from a man who once compared a fast woman to a fast car in a very cathcy
way?).

My question is ... how is this song with Kate?  Does she do lead vocals or
just backing?  Is this song worth buying the Prince CD for?  Does anyone
know if the song will be released on Kate's next work?  Or will I really
luck out and is this song the same one that was released on Kate's TRS?

Thanks for any info.

T.

"I gave an order to the cat, and the cat gave the order to its tail." - Chinese proverb