Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Daria

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 01:56:27 -0400
Subject: Kate and Daria
To: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Cc: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Don,

There are some things that you and I will probably never agree on.  But I
don't believe that you are deliberately out to aggravate anyone, and I
apologize for any implication to the contrary.  Moving on...

>>Would Daria Morgendorfer like Kate Bush?  Probably not.
>
>I would think not, but only because of the generation gap. I think a 1978
>DM would have been much more likely to be into KB.

Frankly, I believe Daria in any era would find Kate way too upbeat and
"girly."  The sort of thing they'd listen to at the Lawndale cybercafe
while feeling all sensitive and connected to the global neighborhood, you
know?

>Who wouldn't like Daria? She's the greatest.

A common bond between us!

>It wouldn't hurt Kate to tear out some of that
>insulation and interact with someone who would really make a
>difference....I'd bet Daria would approve of that!

Daria won't let her mother redecorate her bedroom because she *likes*
having padded walls.  Daria clearly believes in a certain amount of
protective insulation.  I don't think Daria would approve of interacting
with someone who would really make a difference.  As in the quote you
thoughtfully provided below:

>"Don't worry, I don't have low self-esteem. It's a mistake. I have low
>esteem for everyone else." - Daria Morgendorfer of "Daria" in "Esteemers"

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/